- Physicist Edward Witten is pessimistic about the prospects of scientifically explaining consciousness.
- An English translation of Fr. Marie-Joseph Lagrange’s La Méthode Historique, a series of lectures on modern biblical criticism and the Old Testament. Even though occasionally he’ll give a point not too well-supported, it’s definitely worth reading, since it is pretty brief. This is especially true if you are interested in reconciling critical Old Testament scholarship with Christian tradition. On p. 73 he gives a very interesting passage from St. Cyril, where he acknowledges that Israel did not always have a developed view of God:
- A French Russian Orthodox magazine, called Mouvement, with very high quality articles.
- Irina Kirillova speaks at Cambridge about Met. Anthony of Sourozh: Part 1 and Part 2.
- An oath for doctors from 14th century Georgia.